Peek A Boo Quilt

Peek A Boo Quilt
The Peek A Boo Quilt, one of my favorite quilting accomplishments!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sewing for Fundraisers and for Profit

For a long time I've wanted to have some kind of craft based business.  I've had some success with polymer clay and one-stroke painting.  My new goal is to build a stock of baby quilts and bags so I can have a store on www.etsy.com.  I'd also like to have a custom made business where I'm commissioned to make specific things for people.

I'm currently working on a set of bags to be given as prizes at a benefit for one of Hubby's cousins that has lung cancer.  One is a breast cancer/pink ribbon bag and the other is a steelers bag.  I'm using the "Big Bag Remix" pattern by Lugene Sheets for them.  I have the pink ribbon bag to the point of being quilted.  I however haven't even begun the steelers bag.  The benefit is on September 17, so I'd like to get both bags done by the end of August.  Time's getting tight.

As I'm making the bags I've been praying for Cousin Greg and his family.  I also love to listen to audiobooks.  Currently listening to Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner and thoroughly enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment