Peek A Boo Quilt

Peek A Boo Quilt
The Peek A Boo Quilt, one of my favorite quilting accomplishments!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer is Hot

Today is hot.  It's a perfect beach day.  The only problem is that we're back in PA. We arrived yesterday - with the hot weather.


"Windows" in our drizzle castles.
The girls and I spent the last few weeks up in MI at my mom's, in the house where I grew up.  It seems so much smaller now than it did then.  The bonus of going home when Hubby is TDY, is that mom's house is less than a mile from Lake Huron.  The beach.  White sand.  And at this time of year, cooooold water.


Bug added a water feature to
the castle which evenually
collapsed it.
We didn't get to go to the beach, but 3 times while we were up there. Partly because the weather was just too cool and kind of rainy.  And, truth be told, I like the concept of the beach much more than I actually like being there. 

Our last visit to the beach, the day before we came home was wonderful.  We left Baby Pie at home with Gramma.  The temperature was in the mid to upper 70's and there was a stiff breeze blowing.  We went in the late afternoon, so the sun was behind me, when I was watching Bug in the water.  Bug and I made drizzle sand castles, and she played in the water much more than I did.  I waded in, just enough to rinse the sand off my legs.  At one point I actually layed down on the towel and enjoyed the mild temp and the breeze and could have fallen asleep.



It was a 9 hour drive back yesterday.  I am so thankful for our van.  However, she needs some new shoes.  Her treads are about gone.  So, tomorrow, I get to take her to the shop and drop about $800.  Ack. Cough.  I have much more fun things I'd rather spend that money on, but our safety is worth it.

We, with most of the country, are having a heat wave.  Yuck.  Our hosue doesn't have air conditioning, so it's blasted hot.  Currently 85 degrees in the house.  The bonus is that we're not out in the sun in the heat and humidity and can have fans blowing on us.  I honestly hate sweating.  I've come to terms with sweating when I work out, but when I'm just sitting, or walking around the house I do not wish to be sticky.  I do not like feeling as though I need multiple showers in a day. 

Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter.  Yuck.  I bought a kiddie pool at WalMart today.  It has a slide built in, but need some assembly.  I have to put in the handle and screw it in place.  At this point, that sounds like way more work and sweat than I'm willing to do.  Got it put together and water in it.  Of course it had a hole, I patched with duct tape...  After the sun hits it tomorrow, it'll feel great in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment