Peek A Boo Quilt

Peek A Boo Quilt
The Peek A Boo Quilt, one of my favorite quilting accomplishments!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Sweat is my friend.

Sweat is my friend.  That was my motto last time I lost 100 pounds.  Yes, you read correctly, 100 pounds.  In the years since with two moves and a baby I've gained it all back.  A fact that I'm incredibly ashamed of.

Truth is, I hate to sweat.  I hate to sweat until the sweat is no longer just a nuisance.  I begin loving sweat when I'm soaked and dripping.  That kind of sweat, however, won't begin to happen for at least another month or two of intense exercise, maybe longer.

Today is the day I begin working on my permanent life change (again).  Months ago my husband and I agreed that today would be the day.  A week ago, I promised my new doctor that today would be the day. 

I didn't get up at 5:30am like we had planned.  I couldn't turn my brain off last night.  I kept thinking about quilting patterns, colors, fabrics and designs.  I thought about machine quilting patterns.  I thought and prayed about multiple friends who have cancer, trying to imagine life with that ton of unwanted bricks thrown in.  I thought and prayed for friends that have lost loved ones recently and for friends who have had babies.  I thought and prayed for friends of mine that are in the midst of a divorce.  I wondered when the breaking point in the marriage happened, what were the factors and if they had tried all means possible to keep it together.  All questions I'd never be comfortable asking.  I finally began drifting off around 2:30 or 3am and then Sweet Baby Pie woke up for a bottle.  I was perfectly happy to sleep until 7am.

I have however just finished dancing with the Wii for 1/2 hour.  Sweet Baby Pie danced with me, as well as a 16 month old can dance.  I did sweat.  Not the great dripping sweat, but the nasty sticky uncomfortable sweat.  I will walk on the "dreadmill" for another 1/2 hour today when Sweet Baby Pie is napping.  That will make 1 hour of exercise for today. 

This whole exercise/weight loss thing was so much easier 4 years ago when I could just take Bug to school then come home exercise, cry and shower all by myself.  Now I have to figure out how to do it with Baby Pie.

I also need to begin a food journal.  UGH!

I must remember my body is God's temple.  I've not been treating God's temple very well these last few years.  I've done this before, I can do it again. 

A journey to lose 100+ pounds starts with one step.  That step will be taken today.

Update:

Dear Treadmill,

How I loathe you.  Thirty minutes for 1.5 miles and blisters on both heels.  With some band aids and a jug of water I'll conquer you tomorrow!

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment