Peek A Boo Quilt

Peek A Boo Quilt
The Peek A Boo Quilt, one of my favorite quilting accomplishments!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sweat is My Friend - Day 2

Day 2 of my permanent lifestyle change (again) has started pretty well.

I again wasn't able to get up and exercise before everyone left for school and work, but fortunately Baby Pie got up early and went down for her morning nap early!

It was all I could do not to go back to bed when she did, but I did the better thing.  I put on my exercise capris, the t-shirt that I was swimming in 100 lbs ago that is now skin tight, 2 band aids on each heel, good thick socks and different shoes and I walked. 

I walked at a bit of a slower pace, 2.7mph and acheived 2.75 miles in 61 minutes.  It actually felt good, once I got on and started.  I'm not watching tv and I'm not listening to my workout music yet- I'm listening to one of my favorite books, Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet.  I also pondered the mess I get to look at around the treadmill and I prayed.

I still haven't begun the food journal.  I've given up stopping at McDonalds for any reason. Which is really, really hard, because I absolutely love their coke and fries.  I am also paying more attention to my portion sizes and adding more veggies and fewer starches.  I'm partially giving up my lemonade and cherry pepsi.  I say partially, because I am still having some, just a small portion of what I was drinking before.  More water, and crystal light.

Sweat is my friend. Sweat is my friend.  Sweat is my friend.  Sweat is my friend.

I must keep up this mantra.  Sweat means my body is working, that muscles are being used, and that hopefully fat stores are being utilized to fuel the muscles.

I just hate it that the sweat continues after I'm done walking and after I've showered.  Having been here and done this before, I know that this also will go away.  My body will cool down faster as there is less of it to cool.

I'm pumped.  Happy to be finally doing something to change what I hate about myself.  Looking forward to tomorrow.

Have a great day.  Do something to move it, move it!

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment