Peek A Boo Quilt

Peek A Boo Quilt
The Peek A Boo Quilt, one of my favorite quilting accomplishments!

Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Hamster Ball Kind of Day

I read somewhere about introverts (of which I am) needing to have alone time to recharge.  This was referred to as time in the hamster ball, where you could have your time and not be interrupted and re-energize. Being an introvert does not mean I am shy.  In fact I'm pretty good at not being shy - it just means that I don't draw energy from being around people like extroverts do.  It drains me - zaps my energy - it takes effort to be chatty and make small talk in a crowd.  It's not a bad effort and generally I enjoy being around people in a party/crowd situation, I just need to recharge by myself later.

I am ready for today to be a hamster ball kind of day.  After a week full of going and doing and lots of interaction with lots of people, I'm looking forward to a low key day at home with my girls.  Hubby has drill - so he won't be home til later this evening.  I might get some crocheting done.  I might not.  I might get some surface decluttering done.  I might not.  I just know that I'm hoping to not go to the grocery store, the local festival or any parties.

Last day of my bronchitis meds.  I'll be so happy to be done with this antibiotic.  It makes you have the most awful taste in your mouth. 

I'm also happy to say that thanks to breaking down in the doctors office when talking about moving, I am now on a med that is helping me to deal with the anxiety and depression that I wasn't coping with very well.  It's not a magic panacea but will allow me to function and be present for my family vs. hiding in bed and crying multiple times a day.


The hoodie towel I made went over well for the birthday girl!  I'm so glad!
There she is hiding in it. 
 
 
Have a wonderful day - whether you are an introvert or an extrovert.  Be kind to yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment