Peek A Boo Quilt

Peek A Boo Quilt
The Peek A Boo Quilt, one of my favorite quilting accomplishments!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Peace Be With You

After a really bad fight with hubby on Friday afternoon, we made up.  While he was finishing his homework and mowing the lawn, I planned an fun evening activity for us.  I packed the cooler with ice and sprite and got us a bag of white cheddar popcorn and some candy to enjoy.  We packed all kinds of pillows, quilts and blankets into the back of the van and actually enjoyed snuggling while watching The Lorax.  I knew there was a reason we didn't see it when it first came out.

We went to the opening of a local drive-in theater.  Forgive the horribly fuzzy picture -  but I believe you can not only make out the screen, and the glorious sunset, but the mountain back drop to it all.  Wow what an absolutely gorgeous part of this county we live in.  It blows my mind that  we could have 6-12 inches of snow bury us in the next 48 hours.

The fight with hubby really threw me for a loop.  We haven't had a true yelling at each other fight for what seems like years.  Actually it was him yelling and me listening and crying.  At least I know he's also feeling the stress and dissatisfaction that his job and schoolwork are bringing into our home.   I think blowing off the steam released some pressure from both of us and we were able to find peace by the evening.

Saturday was a lazy day here.   Hubby packed for the TDY that he left for today.  He fixxed Baby Pie oatmeal for breakfast and she actually ate a good bit of it.  Mind you oatmeal is an awesome beauty treatment, so she just got cuter the more she ate.


I've been working on finishing a couple of baby quilts that need to be done by early May.  Here's a quick peek at one of them.  I did manage to finish the micro-stippling in the white of the pinwheels.  Now I need to quilt the borders, trim and bind.  I really and truly dislike binding by hand, but it looks soooo very much better than anything I've done that's bound with the machine, so by hand it is.



Bug played piano for the opening prelude at church this morning and did a wonderful job.  Now after lunch, she and Baby Pie are chillin' watching Toy Story 3.  I wonder how long this will last?  Probably not as long as it takes me to write and post this entry.

I guess I'll get to pick up toys this afternoon and do laundry.  Aren't those some of the things that moms do best?  Honestly I'd much rather sit down at the sewing machine and tackle the remainder of the borders, but I don't think that Allie will be up for a nap any time soon.

"Peace be with you" was the theme in Sunday School this morning.  Jesus was giving peace to the disciples and to us. Do we accept the peace?  What does that kind of peace feel like?  What kinds of things do we need to give up or hand over to feel the peace?  Hmmm - lots of good questions to ponder for the afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment