Peek A Boo Quilt

Peek A Boo Quilt
The Peek A Boo Quilt, one of my favorite quilting accomplishments!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Magical Days

No, I've not gone on a trip to the "Magic Kingdom".  Our budget just won't allow it.

It's just that these last few days with my girls, my mom and my hubby have been really great.  All in their own special way. 


If you look carefully in the lower right
corner - you'll see my foot.  It's the
closest I'll be to the beach for a few months.

We've played in the sand and water table.

We've swung on the swing set and gone down the slide.  Well, the girls have - not the grown-ups.


Today my mom and I  danced the Hokey Pokey with Baby Pie.

On Sunday my mom and I made beautiful butterfly creations with Bug to hang on her canopy, which we did today.

The violets are in full bloom.  Our
backyard is  carpeted with beautiful
purply blue blossoms.
I had a day of creative bliss today.  This morning I helped with the craft at our MOPS meeting - we did the tie-dye with a sharpie and alcohol.  It seemed to go over really well.  When I came home, mom had threatened to force (guilt me) me into sorting through the stack of three weeks worth of mail, but instead we had lunch and played 2 games of canasta before Bug got home from school.  We then taped fishing line to the butterflies so they can hang under her canopy.  This evening I went to the local quilt shop and sewed from 6-9:30 - bliss.  I have two baby quilts ready to be quilted.  I will start on them on the Thursday work night at the quilt shop, or maybe tomorrow if I have time.

This morning, I was trying to get out the door a bit earlier ie. faster than usual...everything just seemed to be falling into place to slow me down.  I finally had to really take a breather when I dumped my compact on the floor and all my makeup went everywhere and the blush shattered.  UGH.  It had to be cleaned up, so I had to slow down.   I made a conscious decision to not get flustered and crabby - that would have been really easy to do.  I thought to myself, this is God telling me that when you push too hard and too fast things go awry.  I thanked God for slowing me down and asked him to help me be positive and pleasant today.

Galatians 6:9  "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." 

This was part of the devotion today at MOPS.  Let us not become weary in doing good.  Being a good mother is wearisome.  It takes hard work and decision making.  Some are easy decisions - no Baby Pie you are not allowed to play in the street.  Some decisions are harder - do I suffer through the crabbies or allow the television to help distract and calm (zone out) the toddler?  Coming up with nutritious and varied meals is a challenge that is wearisome.  But knowing that at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up is a promise that I cannot refute!  Some of the reapings are small - little ones using manners correctly without prompting.  Some of the reapings we may not see until our little ones aren't so little anymore and have to make more "grown up" decisions and some may not be seen until our babies are grown ups.  I have to keep in mind that my actions, attitude, decisions and "goodness" are all part of helping my little humans become grown up, God-fearing productive humans.  Often I get to the end of a day and wonder if I have done enough.  I, the great procrastinator, always say to myself, I can always do better tomorrow.  But I have to also remind myself that I only have a finite number of tomorrows with my little humans before they're grown and gone.

So much to think about and ponder and thank God for as I go to bed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment