Peek A Boo Quilt

Peek A Boo Quilt
The Peek A Boo Quilt, one of my favorite quilting accomplishments!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lemonade

Ok, I admit - I love all things lemon.

I love lemonade.

I hate being fat.

I love lemonade.

I hate being fat even more.

It occurred to me 3 days ago that I have been drinking waaaaaaay to much.  This fact occurred to me after I made my second pitcher of lemonade in one day.  I finished off the pitcher from the day before, so maybe there was one glass.  Then I made a pitcher.  By the time Bug was to be home from school I had finished off the pitcher and was making a second.  It hit me - Baby Pie doesn't drink lemonade, neither do Kiki the cat or Sasha Dog.  I, as in me, as in the skinny person trapped in this fat body, drank 2 quarts of lemonade.  All by myself.  I can't do just a little, obviously. 

I have quit lemonade.  I'm day two of water only.  I'm feeling pretty good about myself.  I haven't totally given up sugary drinks.  I allow myself a can of Wild Cherry Pepsi for breakfast.  I don't do coffee, can't stand the taste of the stuff without lots of sugar and cream, so I figure for about the same calories I can drink what I prefer.  I also have a can for lunch.  I was doing this in addition to the lemonade before, so I've not really added anything.

Here is the proof of my lemonade consumption.  The Tang container on the left is the size of the container a normal person would purchase lemonade in.  The industrial size Country Time container is how I purchase my lemonade, in multiples from Sam's Club. 



We were going through one of these huge containers every couple of weeks.  I now realize that it was more like I was going through one of these every few weeks as no one else in the house drinks it in the volume I do.

The bonus is that I don't find myself snacking nearly as much either.  I have found that my normal snacks, white cheddar cheezits or cookies don't taste nearly as good with plain water, so I'm just not munching on them.

Today, as a treat, I purchased a Brita in the fridge filtered water dispenser.  I'd been thinking about getting one for a while.  Yesterday, Bug told me she'd drink more water if it was bottled.  Um - no, I'm not going to purchase bottled water when we can get it straight from the tap.  I think her point was that bottled water is typically refrigerated and colder than what we get from the tap.  Her comment and my "aha moment" led to me sipping my first glass of refrigerated filtered water on the rocks.
Took me a few minutes to get it taken and uploaded.  I need a refill now!

What simple changes are you going to make to be healthier?

Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. I love love love my Brita pitcher. It's been one of my best purchases ever.

    Have you thought about making your own lemonade with fresh lemons and agave rather than sugar so that it's healthy? Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I find that it is so helpful in loosing weight to find those things that you can give up and then just give that baby up.

    I gave up coke during my last pregnancy. I gave up fried chicken after the baby was born. I still drink Sweet Tea when we're out but I usually drink water at home. I keep a pitcher of water in the fridge because we like it cold too :)

    ReplyDelete