Peek A Boo Quilt

Peek A Boo Quilt
The Peek A Boo Quilt, one of my favorite quilting accomplishments!

Friday, August 9, 2013

One Step Begins the Journey


I've made the journey to lose 100+ pounds once before. I was successful in that I achieved the goal, I was however, unable to maintain it. These are my reasons. Poor choices in dealing with stress and living in a hotel while moving, having our second child, being depressed and looking for solace in food. 

I've gained back almost all that I lost before. I am terribly embarrassed by that fact. I also don't like myself very much because of that. Lets face it. No one but me had control over my choices. Choices in food and exercise. 

The following is what I wrote while walking.

This exercise thing just sucks. I highly dislike being hot and sweaty. 

Been on the dreadmill for 15 min. Have 45 to go. My legs feel like jello and I'm not going all that fast. 2.5mph. Feeling lots of things right now, none very positive.

Ok. Determined is a positive feeling. But that's it.

Done. 2.5 miles in 60:51min. I may not be able to move for days.

Before walking I did:
  -15 squats
  -15 sets of lunges
  -20 women's push ups
  -25 crunches

I will be strong, fit and confident again. 

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment