Peek A Boo Quilt

Peek A Boo Quilt
The Peek A Boo Quilt, one of my favorite quilting accomplishments!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Changing it up!

I have never - ever colored my hair. 

Well, ok, in between freshman and sophomore year in highschool, I got a little overzealous with sun-in, but that's not really coloring your hair.

I've thought about it many times.

As I've gone grayer and grayer (I'm really not all that gray yet) I've toyed with the possibility and set it aside.

I've actually had quite a few people tell me they though my long strands of gray on my temples were highlights...which makes it easier to not go for the color.

It occured to me the other day that I'd like to change something up in my life.  Since I can't not have kids, and I know from experience that it will take lots of time walking and working out to lose the amount of weight that would make me a healthier size, so that's out too, not an overnight fix.  Painting the fingers and toes just doesn't do it for me.

I took a big step today.  I bought a box of hair color.  I now need to do a strand test. 

Gonna try to go to a "light natural auburn". 

I'm nervous.

This should only last for 6-8 weeks.

Part of me wants to do it when Baby Pie goes down for a nap, but I also think that I need to sleep and that may be more important!

We'll see how long it takes to get up the nerve to play kitchen beautician.

I did it, not 15 minutes after writing this post.  It's way darker than I thought it would be and a bit more purply red, but I don't hate it. 

I wonder what hubby's reaction will be to it when he gets home.  I've not told him that I did this. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment